Standard Player Practices and Policies
Section 1: Activity
* All players are expected to post no less than 2 times a month.
* All players are expected to post an LOA/ELOA or notify the GM team if they feel they are unable to temporarily commit to this requirement.
Section 2: Player Conduct
* Intentional acts to harass, sabotage, or disrespect other players are prohibited. As such, GMs have the right to expel members on the first offense, should the intentional action disrupt the community.
* People from all walks of life are welcome to join this Sim. As a result, intolerance of someone's race, identity, religion, and personal beliefs is prohibited.
* USS Venture demands players respect each other at all times. Failure to do so will result in a GM review. This review will establish the severity of the offense and if a player will be allowed to continue in the sim.
Section 3: Player Conflict Resolution
* GMs are more than happy to help resolve issues between players. However, if the situation is very trivial and easily resolved between the parties involved, we highly recommend players choose this option first.
* In the event a situation erupts and a player needs the GMs to intervene, we ask the plaintiff to file a report with the GMs, with evidence and a suggested outcome. After which the GMs will take no more than 72 Hours to review the incident and make our ruling.
Section 4: Writing Etiquette
With the number of brand new Nova players and players new to writing-based RPGs in general, the GM team felt the need to establish a few JP (aka Join-Post) courtesies we expect each player of our community to extend with each other.
* Post Deletions are only allowed when everyone on the JP agrees to delete them.
* Before a JP is posted (Post button on Nova), all players involved should be consulted before the JP goes live.
* Live Joint-Post edits involving grammar and descriptive changes are welcome, so long as the essence of the live-post is not changed. Furthermore, if you wish to make changes that affect other characters' players, you need to consult them before doing so.
* Centering every JP around your character is bad writing and bad gameplay. JPs should have equal responsibilities and equal moments of glories and failures for everyone involved.
* Players need to be aware of Metagaming (forcing a plot one way because you know what's supposed to happen). Even if you don't like where a plot is headed, it's just as important characters are allowed to be perceived badly and fail.
* Actively trying to damage control perceptions of your character(s) when the actions go against how your character is designed, is metagaming. Taking glories from other players' characters is Godmodding, but also metagaming, and selfish.
At the end of the day, we are a writing community. If you JP with someone, you need to be willing to share the spotlight and do so with the highest level of writing integrity and gameplay.
Failure to abide by these simple writing etiquette rules will find you annexed of many writing opportunities due to mistrust, or worse... expunged from the community for unfair gameplay and causing enough ruckus to be disruptive.
Section 5: Character Limits
Players can have 2 main Player Characters, and up to 5 secondary NPCs to start. If a player can prove able to handle all of these, they can have 1 extra NPC slot, per request, so long as they can keep these characters active.
Section 6: Sim Central Obligations and Rules
As the sim is affiliated with Sim Central (https://simcentral.org/), it is a requirement that all players follow the rules of the Sim Central community and join the Sim Central discord server (link in the main menu bar).
The rules players are expected to follow are:
* Sim Central intends to be a safe place where Black, Brown, and all LGBTQ+ persons can feel included. We recognize that eliminating these "Isms" in our society is a process that can't be fixed with a snap of a finger.
* Engaging in out-of-character prejudice or unsolicited innuendo towards server members, either directly or indirectly, will not be tolerated. At the same time, we will approach any offender with understanding and allow them restorative justice to those they offended.
* Willful, repetitive, or blatantly offensive actions will result in the "Round Table" asking the offender to leave or direct removal. Up until then, we would be happier to talk and help foster understanding with diverse groups.
* Please come into this community with your best intentions toward those different than you.
* Keep OOC Drama Out. While we hope to create a community we recognize that it's possible not everyone is going to get along. If you have a beef with a server member, keep it off the public Discord. If you are having issues with bullying or intimidation from another server member, PLEASE contact someone on the "Round Table" immediately!
* Mature language and swearing is permitted with some limitations (nothing excessive or inflammatory toward minorities etc).